Monday, August 14, 2006

Did They Fall Out of an Overhead Bin?!?

Let me preface this by saying that I have never watched an episode of Lost. Realizing that, I probably should not be weighing in on this one, but I can't help myself.

From Access Hollywood:

Three new castaways ready to get ‘Lost’
Elizabeth Mitchell, Kiele Sanchez and Rodrigo Santoro join the cast

BURBANK, CA - Remember those episodes of “Gilligan's Island” when Gilligan would run into some stranger while looking for coconuts and it was never really explained how they ended up on the island? Well, ABC's “Lost” is adding three new characters for the show's third season and, just like that other classic show, no one is saying how they got there.

Over the last week it was announced that actors Rodrigo Santoro, Kiele Sanchez and Elizabeth Mitchell would be the show's latest castaways.
WHAT?!? The show is about an airplane that crashes and strands the survivors (no, not those survivors) on a island. How the heck do you add people to that cast?

I'd say the writers will have their hands full with this one. My guess for how it is handled:

"Holy cow, the guy in 6F finally came out of the can."


No comments: