Monday, September 17, 2007

The Most Dangerous Round of Golf EVER

I wasn't too too concerned that I played golf through the world's largest mosquito convention on Sunday afternoon until I saw this...

Reuters:

Bullfighter wiped out by mosquito

Fri Sep 14, 4:38 AM ET

MADRID - If the bulls don't get you, a mosquito might, as Spanish bullfighter Jose Maria Manzanares has discovered to his cost.

After surviving 57 bullfights this season with the usual share of gorings, tramplings and tossings, Manzanares dropped out early suffering from Dengue fever.

...Manzanares had been fainting and generally feeling unwell for months, but doctors could not decide what was wrong with him until detailed tests showed he was suffering from one of the milder forms of Dengue.

...The more serious forms of Dengue kill hundreds of people every year especially in Asia.
I'd better WebMD the Dengue fever symptoms...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling fine again after the blood transfusion. Got a 4 o'clock tee time on Tuesday. Care to join me?