Saturday, September 30, 2006

Guillen Out of Touch on This One

Ozzie Guillen is a character, but this one goes too far. In fact it rounds the bend from being colorful to end up in the realm of the idiotic.

ChicagoSports.com:

"I'm sure there are people in Chicago who are happy we didn't make it. And not just Cubs fans either. White Sox fans too. Some people think, the media, they're happy we didn't make it. But we can't please everyone. We just have to come back strong and try to get another shot next year."
HUH?!? White Sox fans are happy that we aren't in the playoffs?!? Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie. You're taking things way, way, way too far. The only Sox "fans" who are happy that we aren't in the playoffs are those who wear Cubs hats to U.S. Cellular.

Here is the end of the quote:
Guillen believes that those detractors do respect him.

"Some people don't like the way I am," Guillen said. "I'm the way I am, and no one is going to take that away from me. Of course, some people are really sad we don't make it, but they're true fans and the people who work at the park."
I guess I'm just a "true fan." Still, I can't fathom there are many White Sox fans who are happy with the way this year turned out.

No comments: